Sunday, September 9, 2007

Version 2.5c

Global_RP_Server_2.5b.zip

Hey, heres 2.5c, because 2.5b sucks almost as bad as 2.5. But, this should be the last bug fix, since now I had someone help me test it in multiplayer.

The problem I was having is that I didn't have any way to test it in multiplayer, and that means lots of things I had went untested. Well, now its all tested, all playable, and all good. Thanks Spirit for helping me test!

Also, one of the things that i'm not too sure about is the prop health. I had no problem testing it with spirit, it worked fine. When props were attacked, their health went down and they eventually exploded. But when I played in =SF='s server on 2.5b the props didn't take damage. I have a feeling this is due to some sort of prop protection. Are there any prop protectors that prevent people from damaging other people's props?

Well anyway, here it is! Enjoy

Important Note!: I didn't really feel like uploading the entire pack (making it quicker for me and for downloaders) so this pack does not include the content. Yes! that means no materials, models and such. If you have not ever downloaded the global rp server files before, you will need to download version 2.0 first! But! That does not mean you should not DELETE ALL OLD FILES FIRST, EXCEPT THE CONTENT. For dummies, delete everything in your gamemodes/globalrp/ folder EXCEPT gamemodes/globalrp/content and then replace yours with mine. Yes?

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

You said: Replace mine with yours.
The correct spelling is: Replace yours with mine. :D.
On-Topic: Weird I have the first comment :o. Nice update :D

Anonymous said...

updated to c just now i will update the gcombat and find a different prop protector maybe you can tell which version spirit uses so i can get the =SF= server to mimic it

Anonymous said...

You still haven't fixed the bug when you get 250 credits by making a turret and then removing it.

Ring-Ding said...

@Summer
Oh, right, my bad.

@=sf= ziram maddness
Spacetech's prop protecter seems to work pretty well, not to mention it is actually designed to work with globalrp.

@feldor
Care to elaborate a little? I've never noticed this bug or ever heard of it. Thanks for the bug report, though.

Ring-Ding said...

@feldor
Nevermind, I know exactly what you are talking about now.

Unknown said...

With the "Are there any prop protectors that prevent people from damaging other people's props?"
Mine has that :D
Also good job on this update

Anonymous said...

Hmm, any plans to update this with the Spacebuild 2 gamemode, I would love to see this mod continue.

Anonymous said...

I love to see this with SpaceBuild 2, You working on this?

Anonymous said...

I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but my adv. Duplicator doesn't work for most servers with the GRP game mode

Anonymous said...

Are you ever going to update this?

Anonymous said...

No, sadly its dead.

Anonymous said...

Global RP is really great, how could an Admin have banned you permanently for such a small matter.

Really one of those reasons why i've never registered on "facepunch".

But anyway, keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

This is going to sound really random but, do you have any of the music from the previous versions of this modification? Just asking, thanks.

Anonymous said...

This gamemode was really fun, if you're not doing anything with it now, do you mind if I fix the turret bug and upload 2.5c + content to garrysmod.org as your work?

Anonymous said...

Here it is:

A tribute to Global RP. Working version as of June 20th 2008

This is all your work RingDing, but I noticed you don't have much time to maintain Global RP so I fixed the turret bug, moved it to Spacebuild2 and debugged it so that it runs on the latest garrysmod.

http://rapidshare.com/files/123750491/GlobalRP-2.5c-1.zip.html