Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Return of Ring-Ding

Yes! I've returned, and I have every intention of picking back up the Global RP project... just as soon as philxyz returns it back to me.

Heres an email I sent to him:

Hey, thanks a lot for upkeeping globalrp.

Honestly, I wasn't even
planning on doing anything more on globalrp till I just happened to be surfing
facepunch for shits and giggles and I saw your globalrp remake. It means a lot
to know that someone cares enough to get this going again and i've decided to
resume work on it.

Once I get a working version i'm going to start
hosting a 24/7 dedicated server. Hopefully my server will be fast enough to
handle this (i've got a ram upgrade enroute).

Since you've proven your
support i'd love to make you a server admin if you're interested.

Let me know!


He said that he will hand it back over once he releases his update adding spacebuild 3 compatiblity because hes almost done with it.


I've almost got the server up and running the latest version of Global RP, which once I do will be a 24/7 dedicated offical Global RP server running the latest version (or likely unreleased code since i'll be testing the next version there).

Also I ordered a much-needed ram upgrade for the server yesterday, increasing the ram to 1GB.

Heres the server:


Be sure to keep checking it, I don't have it running with the latest Global RP version (still trying to figure it out :) ) but i'll get it eventually.

Future Plans?

Well, at this time I don't have too many, but the mod isn't quite running the way i'd like it to at this point. I want to have a cost on all the toolguns (somehow), and I will probably include on default some ships that you can spawn through adv dupe so you don't have to sit there every time making your ship if you don't like. And of course bug fixes fits into the plan. We'll see from there, I haven't so much as looked the mod in a long time nor have I touched lua (although i've done a lot of coding in C++) or even garrysmod for that matter so i'm pretty rusty.

Anyway, the main point I wanted to make is that I'm back! and with a vengeance...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi it's me, philxyz

I'd love to be an admin, although I can't promise I'll be online much as I'm currently quite busy fixing DarkRP too :P